Event Management Module
EVENT MANAGEMENT MODULE IN THE EVA VISITOR MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
EVA Admin Console allows you to create events that visitors at your site can sign in to to deliver specialized pre-set instructions that can be used to guide them to the right location or give the visitor localized context of the event.
How to use Event Management in EVA?
Event Management requires that you have at least two Visitor Types in EVA; at least one of these needs to be an 'Event' Visitor Type.
To set these up:
- Log in to the EVA Admin Console
- Go to Visitors > Visitor Types
On this page you can:
- See a list of your current Visitor Types
- Set your preferred Visitor Type to default by moving it to the top of the list
- Edit and delete existing visitor types
To create a new visitor type:
- Select 'Add Visitor Type'
- Add a name for your new Visitor Type next to the heading 'Visitor Type'
- Optionally, add a description of your Visitor Type under 'Visitor Type Description'
- If this is an Event Visitor Type, be sure to select the 'Event Visitor Type' checkbox
Once there are two or more Visitor Types, a new workflow will be added that requires selecting a Visitor Type as part of the visitor sign-in process.
Please note an Event Visitor Type will only show in the Visitor Type Selection screen if there is an active event.
Create an Event
Now you have your Visitor Types sorted, you will need to have an event to sign in to:
- Log into the EVA Admin Console
- Go to Visitors > Events
On this page you can:
- Edit existing events
- Remove an event
To create a new event:
- Click on 'Add Event'
- Name: Enter a name for your event
- Host Name: Next to the 'Host Name' option there is a drop down menu to browse through your existing employees. This will filter results as you start typing.
- Description: Optionally add a description of your Event.
- Sign In Start Date: When you click on the field next to 'Sign In Start Date' it presents you with a calendar to select the required date. Otherwise this can be entered manually in the format Date/Month/Year. If this field is left empty the event will be active until the 'Sign In End Date' is reached.
- Sign In End Date: Same as the 'Sign In Start Date' above, click on the field for a calendar to select the last day you want visitors to sign in for this event.
- Message on Arrival: Optionally set a welcome message you would like to appear just for your event visitors.
- Send Notification To Host: Check this if you would like the host entered under 'Host Name' to receive an email notification whenever someone signs in to this event.
Once there is an 'Active' event set up, a new workflow will be added that requires selecting your event as part of the visitor sign-in process. The visitor will come to this screen if they selected an Event Visitor Type at the Visitor Type Selection screen.
Pre-Registering Event Visitors
Expected Event Attendees can be pre-registered and signed in beforehand to expedite the sign-in process.
For more about Pre-Registering Event Visitors please see Pre-Registration documentation.