DOCUMENTATION ON HOW TO SET UP YOUR EVA RECEPTIONIST SIGN-IN SYSTEM FOR PRINTING VISITOR LABELS
How to set up label printing and scanning:
Optionally, we provide a convenient way to identify visitors with the use of printed labels with barcodes to facilitate easy sign-out. These labels are automatically printed when a visitor signs in to your EVA Receptionist terminal.
Label printing can be activated by using our QuickPrint printer solution on any Windows device:
1. Download the EVA QuickPrint client onto your terminal device (go to the Administrator Console, under Site Information > Summary > (Edit) any terminal > Download Client)
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a folder on your device and run 'QuickPrintClient.exe'
3. To ensure that the QuickPrint client runs when your device starts up, right-click on the QuickPrint icon in the system tray (a blue/green bullseye icon), and click on 'Add To Startup Folder'
4. Ensure that:
- the terminal's default printer is set to your label printer
- the printer is set to landscape orientation under printing properties
- the label size in your physical printer and the label size in your printer's properties are the same
- the printer default settings in the advanced tab of printing properties are set to the same label size
5. Upload your logo to be printed on labels in the Administrator Console, under Site Information > Themes - please note that light colours may not appear clearly with black & white label printers
6. Once EVA Receptionist detects a sign-in, labels should automatically print
Choose your preferred label size in the EVA administrator console > Site Information > Options > Label Printing. If your label size does not match the exact template size, the system will scale the printed image to your label size.
For barcode scanning, no additional setup is required; simply connect your scanner and EVA Receptionist will automatically pick up barcodes when scanned.
We currently support Brother label printers QL700/720 for QuickPrint, and any laser barcode scanner capable of scanning 1D barcodes.