Active Directory Synchronization
The following document describes how to use the EVA Active Directory Synchronization application that allows your organization to integrate your local Active Directory with EVA Receptionist.
How to buy the EVA Active Directory Synchronization add-on
Step 1: Log on to the EVA Administrator Console
Step 2: Input the username and password of the EVA Customer Administrator
Step 3: Go to ‘Site Information --> Active Directory Sync’ (see Figure 2).
Step 4: Check if the site name is correct in the top right corner (see Figure 2).
Step 5: Click on ‘Buy ADSync’. A new window will appear (see Figure 3).
Note: All existing employees entered manually in the Employees table will be disabled automatically and you will not be able to add new records manually – only Active Directory employee records will be allowed to be used to ensure there is a single source of truth.
On this page you can see:
1. Site Name – this is the site name for which the application was purchased
2. Sync Status – the status shown after each synchronization with your Local Active Directory: time, records added, deleted and updated
Note: You can start synchronization manually using Sync Now, the status will appear with a time lag of approximately 5 seconds.
3. Application ID – will be used for settings in your Active Directory Synchronization client application.
4. Application Token - will be used for settings in your Active Directory Synchronization client application.
5. Click the ‘Download’ button to download your Active Directory Synchronization client application
6. Using the ‘Reset Application’ link you can reset Active Directory Synchronization client application and use it on another machine. The client application can be used only on one machine at time.
7. Use the ‘Cancel ADSync’ link if you want to cancel synchronization with your local Active Directory and continue manage your Employees manually.
Step 6: Click on the ‘Download’ button to download the Active Directory Synchronization client application.
How to use the downloaded EVA Active Directory Synchronization client and set-up synchronization?
After downloading and extracting application files on your local machine that runs EVA sign-in/out terminal, you can start configuration.
Step 1: Run Active Directory Synchronization client:
EVA.AD_Sync --> EVA.ADSync.application
The configuration window will be launched automatically, or you can launch it using the ‘Settings’ button: (see Figures 4-5).
Step 2: Enter the configuration information for Active Directory Synchronization.
The below table describes each field from the Configuration Screen:
Step 3: Click the ‘Select AD Groups’ button and select the groups from your Active Directory that contain the Employees which you want to display on the EVA sign-in/out terminal (see Figure 6).
Step 4: Click ‘Preview’ to see the list of selected employees (See Figure 7).
Note: If you did not select any group at Step 3, information about all Employees in your Active Directory will be synchronized with EVA Receptionist.
Step 5: You can select this option for launching the application automatically after the PC starts
Note: you need Administrator access on the PC to select this option.
Now all the settings have been done, you can click ‘OK’.
Note: Settings will be applied when you click the ‘OK’ button.
Synchronization will be done within the Sync Frequency time parameter. If you want to do it immediately, please click the ‘SyncNow’ button: .
The status of last synchronization will be shown in the application header, to see details, please click the ‘Details’ button: (see Figure 9).